12yr old girl contracts HIV after her step-brother & his friends rape her in Abuja

A girl has contacted HIV/AIDS disease after she was allegedly raped by her 25 year old step brother, Abdullahi Mohammed and his friends at her father’s house in Jahi district in Abuja.

Narrating what happened, the 12-year-old girl said her step brother started raping her when she was 8 years old and each time he raped her, he would threaten to kill her if she told their father.

    “My father married my step mother who has a son. We were living peacefully until one night when I was lying on the floor and Brother Abdullahi came and started fondling my breasts. When he didn’t see breasts, he said he would suck them until they came out. When I objected, he raped me. He used a handkerchief to wipe off the blood that was coming out from my private part. He threatened to slash my throat if I told anybody. I didn’t tell anybody and it continued. He raped me every night; and sometimes he brought his friends, especially Ahmed along with him to rape me,” she said.

However, she was later diagnosed with AIDS after her father took her to the hospital following her constant poor state of health.

The girl opened up when her father, who was very angry, sought to know how she contracted the deadly disease, then she revealed that her step brother, Abdullahi and his friends, had raped her for four years. Subsequently, her father reported the case to the police at Mabushi and the two men were arrested. They confessed to the crime.
Police reports however shows that the case took a new twist when the two suspects were taken to the hospital and their medical reports came out HIV negative. It is been speculated that the girl’s mother was HIV positive when she had her.

    “She was not tested when she was an infant, and maybe she was HIV positive from birth. Her half brother confessed that he was the first man to have had sex with the victim and how she got that HIV still remains a mystery,” a police source said.

The Mabushi divisional police officer, Chief Superintendent Ayobami Surajudeen also confirmed the story and said the case would now be transferred to the State Criminal Investigation Department having gotten the medical reports.

Lets know what you think by leaving a comment.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s