The 34-year-old Reality star Kim Kardashian West has revealed she may be forced to have a hysterectomy following the birth of her second child.
The 34-year-old star who has two-year-old daughter North aka Nori, with husband Kanye West – said she had ‘so many’ complications during her first pregnancy made it difficult to conceive a second time.
And if one of the conditions – placenta accreta – returns it could mean she won’t be able to have any more children.
- She said:’They think I’ll have placenta accreta again, so if the placenta grows a little bit deeper than it did last time, then they are prepared to have my uterus removed, which is a little scary for me.
‘I think we’re just gonna go day by day, see how overwhelming it is, and see how the delivery goes.’
She said the couple endured a ‘long road’ to get pregnant with their unborn son.
She had a ‘couple little operations’ to address the issues caused by placenta accreta after the birth.
- ‘That created a little hole in my uterus, which I think made it really tough to get pregnant again.’
‘I would go to the doctor in Beverly Hills every day at five in the morning to get tested to see if I was ovulating.’
She further said that constantly checking if she was ovulating ripped ‘the fun out of’ her and Kanye’s attempts to get pregnant.
- ‘I’m like, “I’m ovulating, get home now!” He’d be like, “Wait, I’m in the studio,”‘ she recalls.
Kim also stated that she is lucky that her second pregnancy has been easier than her first.
- ‘I also feel lucky that, as of right now, I don’t feel like I’m gonna get preeclampsia again, which last time [contributed to] not only the weight, but also the swelling.’
The reality star was also talked about how she has become much more relaxed about the idea of motherhood since having her first child.
- ‘When I was pregnant with North, I thought, My life is so hectic – how am I gonna take her to ballet classes and soccer?’ Kim admitted.
‘I had these visions of all the things I did growing up, and I was really freaked out. And when it happens, you just instinctively know how to do it.’